Water guns have been a popular attraction at family gatherings and even outings for school and college since their creation. Even the most unpleasant and monotonous occasions may be made into enjoyable activities and something to remember with the help of water guns.
The idea of the water gun was first kindled in the mind of NASA and Air Force engineer Lonnie Johnson in 1982. Hence, the device that will change the definition of family gatherings, and summer camps, and take the population by storm was finally being made.
What are Nerf Super Soakers?
Nerf Super Soakers are toys that shoot water using air pressure, resulting in great range, accuracy, and force. The device is made mainly of plastic, latex, and metals which are non-toxic. Lonnie Johnson first created the gun in 1989, and he later redesigned it in 1995. Recently, it’s owned by the American company Hasbro Inc.
How do Nerf Super Soakers work?
Generally, the Nerf Super Soaker can shoot water to a distance of about 50 meters using compressed air pressure. After the water is filled, there is a pump that is used to pressurize the air inside. The air pressure makes the water shoot out.
How do Nerf Super Soakers differ from Nerf Guns?
The difference between Nerf Super Soakers and Nerf Guns exists more in the outcome and less in the mechanism since they both use compressed air to shoot. Let’s now discuss some of the fundamental differences between the Nerf Super Soakers and Nerf Guns’ mechanisms.
Mechanism of a Nerf Super Soaker: Nerf Super Soaker uses a pump-action mechanism, and the trapped air inside the gun after the water has been filled. When the pump is used, the air inside faces pressure which then propels the water to shoot out.
Mechanism of a Nerf Gun: A Nerf Gun uses the same mechanism as a water gun, however, it depends on springs more than pumps. In the “cocking-mechanism” of Nerf Guns, there’s a piston that’s pulled back to create a cavity for trapping air.
Once the trigger is pressed, the piston puts pressure on the trapped air, propelling the dart to shoot out.
Buying Guide: Things to consider before buying a Nerf Super Soaker
Before buying the Nerf Super Soaker that is most suitable to your preferences, one must consider the following things:
- Size: The size determines the weight of the gun and targets different age groups.
- Materials: Nerf Super Soaker is a water gun that is made from safe, lightweight, durable, and good quality materials that include but are not limited to plastic, latex, metal, and rubber.
- Features: Nerf Super Soakers come with many models, and features like different pressure, accuracy, force, amount of water, and many more.
- Water Capacity: Nerf Super Soakers come with good water capacity with lightweight and durable parts.
Top 6 Best Nerf Super Soakers Reviews
Nerf Super Soakers released many models in the past and continue to release many more and all of them are better than the others. Below are the top 6 best and most demanding Super Soakers of 2022 with their strong and weak points which have been ranked based on being best, cheap, and powerful.
- Nerf Super Soaker Soakzooka – The most budget Soaker with amazing water capacity and range.
- Nerf Super Soaker Twin Tide – The safest Soaker of the list, most adequate for small children.
- Fortnite TS-R Nerf Super Soaker Water Blaster – The costliest and most trendy of the Soakers from the list.
- Nerk Super Soaker Scatterblast Blaster – Covers a huge area with five nozzles, rendering it the Soaker with the most area coverage.
- Nerf Super Soaker Hydra Water Blaster – Hydra Water Blaster has the most water capacity among all the soakers from our list and is easy to use. Thus, it is the best Nerf Super Soaker of all.
- Nerf Super Soaker Breach Blast – The cheapest Soaker from our list that will avail one with almost all features of other Soakers.
1. Nerf Super Soaker Soakzooka
An easy-to-use and fill, Nerf Super Soaker Soakzooka is a big water gun with the colors blue, white, and orange that can easily drench the opponent. However, it might be hard for a small child to hold a gun.
The distinct feature of the gun is that a lever is situated at the top of the gun that is used to shoot a huge amount of water by simply moving it back and forth. The Soakzooka was released in the year 2018 and is still being manufactured.
The Soakzooka was chosen based on its good range and area coverage, water capacity, and easy-to-use design. The main attraction is the lever on the top of the gun, it is more accessible and makes the gun easy to set down.
- Huge water capacity, almost 1.6 liters
- Can cover about 25-30 feet distance
- Easy-to-use lever
- Hatch has easy access and perfect sizes for hoses to fill the tank
- Used by users of any age, especially 7 and up
- Even though built like other large blasters with huge water capacity, Soakzooka doesn’t have much capacity compared to the others.
2. Nerf Super Soaker Twin Tide
Like every other Nerf Super Soaker, the Twin Tide also comes in the colors blue, orange, pink, red, light blue, and white. This gun has two blasters that can shoot two streams of water at the same time and has a pump mechanism. Meaning, water unleashes when air is pumped into the blaster.
The particular Super Soaker was released in the year 2018 and is best for small children due to its small size, low water capacity, and good area coverage. Moreover, it’s easy to use, making it an amazing option for small kids, and comes with almost no choking hazard.
- Twin streams of water
- Easy mechanism
- Great for small children, from years 2 to 4 and up
- Low capacity of water, around 975 milliliters
- No trigger, hence no good force or distance
- Shoots not more than 25 feet
3. Nerf Fortnite TS-R Super Soaker Water Blaster
Named after the famous video game ‘Fortnite’, this particular blaster ditches the white as its normal aesthetic and instead is colored light blue. It has been inspired by the blaster used in Fortnite and was released in the year 2019 to promote the game.
The Fortnite Blaster was chosen for its chic and modern aesthetic that the young children of age 7 and above—for whom the toy is targeted—can relate to and get attracted to more.
Apart from its attractive and easy-to-use design along with additional goodies in the package—the reason we chose this blaster, the water capacity is surprisingly good, along with good range coverage despite it being pump-action.
The Package Contains
- 3 Llama Targets
- 8 Fortnite Mega Darts
- Water capacity is good, with around 1 liter of water
- The range of the blaster is about 10.6 meters
- Stylish and eye-catching
- Too large for small children
- No trigger mechanism
4. Nerf Super Soaker Scatterblast Blaster
Scatter Blast Blaster is another pump-action Super Soaker released in the year 2011 with four color combinations that include white, black, orange, lime green, light blue, and blue.
The blaster, targeted for children of age 6 years and above, was remodeled in 2013, and 2014 when the tactical rail was removed and new color schemes added.
Scatterblast was chosen because of its amazing area coverage—dubbing it the Super Soaker with the best area coverage—due to its five individual nozzles that can unleash 5 powerful streams of water at a time and completely drench the opponent.
- Good area coverage, about 35 feet.
- Five nozzles unleash five streams
- Good Capacity (650 milliliters)
- Low soaking capacity
- Small pump volume, hence, less range covered
5. Nerf Super Soaker Hydra Water Blaster
With a similar mechanism as the Soakzooka, however, where the lever mechanism is at the top of the gun in the Soakzooka, in the Hydra Water Blaster, it’s at the bottom along with an integrated shoulder stock. Released in the year 2019, it’s easy to use and stylish.
Hydra Water Blaster has one of the most water-holding capacities among all the blasters of Nerf Super Soakers, making it the best choice for young children who want to play a game slightly more serious than young children.
This particular Blaster was chosen for its water capacity, and we recommend it as the strongest of all blasters on our list.
- Easy to use and hold
- Huge water capacity (1.9 liters)
- Position of the cap of the water tank at the back
- Awkward position of the handle
- Problem while setting it down
- Very large and hard for small children to use
6. Nerf Super Soaker Breach Blast
Breach Blast, which had a pump mechanism and enough water capacity, was released in 2016. It is affordable, has wide coverage, and is simple to use.
The Soaker comes with three color schemes—
- Blue, mint green, white, and orange
- Purple, mint green, white, and orange
- Mint green, white, and orange
While the first one can be bought individually, the latter two can only be owned if bought in a pack of 2.
This particular model has faced a lot of criticism for minor problems with the filler cap and pumps mechanism but it is by far the most affordable among all the soakers. Hence, it has been chosen as the cheapest of all the soakers on our list.
- 1.4 liters of water capacity
- 38 feet range of water
- Steady hold
- The water inlet is smaller than other models
- Might be leaky
- No trigger mechanism
Top 6 Super Soakers, Release Year & Why We Choose It
|Nerf Super Soakers||Release Year||Why we choose|
|Nerf Super Soaker Soakzooka||2018||Affordable Budget|
|Nerf Super Soaker Twin Tide||2018||Safest|
|Fortnite TS-R Nerf Super Soaker Water Blaster||2019||Costliest|
|Nerf Super Soaker Scatterblast Blaster||2014||Amazing Coverage|
|Nerf Super Soaker Hydra Water Blaster||2019||Best for its Huge Capacity|
|Nerf Super Soaker Breach Blast||2016||Cheapest|
To conclude, Nerf Super Soaker earned its glory when the brand’s first water gun—the first of its kind—was created and has been systematically improving and spreading worldwide. It is one of the best brands that provide good-quality, lightweight, durable, and versatile water guns at a reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Nerf still make Super Soakers?
They still release and make Super Soakers and judging from their success rate, they will continue to do so for a long time.
What is the strongest Super Soaker?
There are varying opinions and preferences but most users lean towards the Fortnite TS-R Nerf Super Soaker Water Blaster to be the strongest Super Soaker in the market because of its long-range and water pressure.
What is the Best Super Soaker on the market right now?
Nerf Super Soaker Hydra Water Blaster with its large water capacity is the most demanding Super Soaker in the market right now.
- 10 Best Fully Automatic Nerf Gun Picks Perfect for Combat
- Top 10 Best Nerf Sniper Rifle Guns Review
- 10 Best Laser Tag Guns & Sets Better Than Their Price Tag
- 8 Best Nerf Gun to Modify & Take the Game to Another Level
- Top 10 Best Nerf Guns Under $30 That Are Worth the Hype
- AlphaPoint Nerf Laser Ops Pro Review–Is It Really Worth It?
- Don’t Miss This Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Review
- A Never Like Before Nerf Strongarm Review to Read!
- An Unbiased Nerf RapidStrike Review & Breakdown
- Nerf Hammershot Review – Does It Lives Up to Expectation?
- The N-Strike Elite Nerf Retaliator Reviews 2021. (With FAQs)